All-Source Insider Threat Analyst
Contingent on Contract Award | Cyber / Intelligence | Arlington, VA
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum seeks an All-Source Analyst to provide support to the Department of Defense Insider Threat Management and Analysis Center (DITMAC). This Analyst must possess analytic experience, with demonstrated experience conducting analysis of a non-technical nature. Individuals with exposure to and familiarity with the DoD's Insider Threat (InT) mission are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Responsible for conducting comprehensive all source research, analysis, and fusion of traditional and non-traditional sources of information supporting the InT mission.
- Produce innovative, all-source InT-related products for a broad set of customers, including those in the DoD, intelligence, security, and law enforcement communities as well as senior audiences.
- Aggregate, analyze, and evaluate all available DITMAC government and open-source information to assist in the evaluation of potential risk as it related to InT.
- Extract and organize statistical data to support the building of metrics reports, summaries, case studies and trend reports.
- Communicate complex ideas and analysis orally and in writing.
- Plan and conduct thorough research using all available DITMAC tools and data sources to discover the information necessary to support analysis, either independently or as part of a larger analytical effort.
- Assist in the preparation and production of risk warning and situational awareness reports related to InT- issues.
- Active DoD TS/SCI Clearance required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 8+ years of DoD analysis experience related to the following:
- Conducting analysis in a mission space supporting Insider Threat at the tactical and/or strategic levels
- Personnel Security, Threat Assessment/Threat Management or Counterintelligence supporting the Insider Threat mission.
- Knowledge and demonstrated use of research and analytical techniques as applied to difficult and complex assignments in security, law enforcement, and counterintelligence analysis.
- Concepts, principles, practices, and techniques associated with threat assessment/threat management, counterintelligence, and law enforcement.
- Knowledge of the organization of the security and counterintelligence communities, including their capabilities and jurisdictions.
- Significant experience with collaboration and information sharing within and across the Federal Government, Intelligence, Counterintelligence, Law Enforcement, and Security communities.
- Use of various research tools to include open-source research, as well as Government and commercial databases.
- Understanding of the DoD population
- Experience providing support and expertise to a Government or Contractor Insider Threat program.
- Written and oral communication skills including, demonstrated negotiation/collaboration skills required as documented through a variety of experiences briefing and presenting issues at the General/Flag Officer/SES levels.
- Knowledge and training in structured professional judgement tools such as WAVR-21 is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with Insider Threat risk assessments and presenting those finding to a variety of audiences, to include senior decision makers.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computers and associated software, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc)