Full-Time | Cyber / Intelligence | Washington, DC
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking an experienced Application Engineer with specific expertise in Java to provide support to a Federal Law Enforcement customer. As an Application Engineer, you will help develop a solution in full, from high-level system design and configuration to application development and data integration. You will leverage everything around you: core company products, open source technologies (e.g. GHE), and anything you and your team can build to drive real impact. In this role, you work with customers around the globe, where you gain rare insight into the world’s most important industries and institutions.
- You will be responsible for our customer's core company platform, which provides the foundation for our projects, as well as custom applications built on top of that platform.
- Oracle, Postgres, Cassandra, Hadoop, and Spark for distributed data storage and parallel computing.
- Java and Groovy for our back-end applications and data integration tools.
- Typescript, React/Redux for our web technologies.
- Python for data processing and analysis.
- Commercial standard cloud infrastructures such as AWS or Azure.
- CentOS/Red Hat Linux as the basis for all our on premise servers.
- An active DoD Top Secret Security Clearance
- Strong engineering background, preferably in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Physics.
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools, as well as an understanding of how technical decisions impact the user of what you’re building.
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals.
- Skill and comfort working in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives and iteration with users.
- Demonstrated ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Willingness and interest to travel as needed (including overseas) per the needs of the business