Arabic Social Media Analyst
Full-Time | Cyber / Intelligence | Tampa, FL
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking an experienced Media/Open-Source Analyst with Arabic fluency to serve as a social media analyst within the USCENTCOM portfolio of a web-based Military Information Support Operations (MISO) program. The Analyst will develop and maintain expertise with designated regional issues and draws upon publicly available online information resources.
- Reads, analyzes, and drafts communications regarding regional and ideological discussions in specified foreign language media environments.
- Analyzes current media statements or postings to support trend analysis and identifies key communicators.
- Demonstrates reading and writing expertise in Arabic and incorporates custom social media solutions to comprehend online environments and communicate trends effectively.
- Assists with operations planning.
- Ability to work nonstandard hours and in on-call status for periods of time may be required.
- Limited travel may be required.
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance required
- Fluency in Arabic
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Familiarity with Open-Source tools to aid aggregation and analysis of social media
- Demonstrated knowledge of online social media and different technologies, and documents activities, notes, informative papers, or white papers written in English
- 3+ years of related experience
- Familiarity and understanding of the social media environment in the CENTCOM AOR
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Experience supporting Information Operations or MISO
- Experience collecting and analyzing Publicly Available Information (PAI) directly or through the use of analytical tools