Army Acquisition Subject Matter Expert
Contingent on Contract Award | Mission Support | Kuwait
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking an experienced Acquisition Subject Matter Expert to support the mission of the Product Manager Power Projection Enablers (PdM P2E). The Chief Information Officer of the Army has charged PdM P2E with procuring and installing leading-edge technologies including Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I) systems; computer and communication networks; network convergence; cloud computing; cyber security compliance; visual displays; product tools; product architecture; modeling; electro-optics; transport; radio frequency devices; control systems; and instrumentation equipment. Support and services performed under this contract include administration, operations, logistics, engineering, knowledge management, information technology, and program management support to PdM P2E.
- Support the Government in the review of vendor/contractors documentation, develops recommended positions, and accomplishes program level activities. Typical technologies employed include: computer and communication networks; inside and outside plant (ISP/OSP) infrastructure; software models and simulations; Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), Cyber Security Appliances and Software; embedded electronics, and image generators and visual displays; A/V Command Information Systems.
- Assist P2E in cost estimating and/or budget activities inclusive of all life cycle phases. Assistance and support is performed in accordance with applicable DoD directives, Army Regulations, P2E policies and P2E procedures.
- Support the Government in the development of acquisition requirement packages and perform contracting support functions in compliance with the FAR, DFARS, and as supplemented by the Army Federal Acquisition Regulations (AFARS), Army procedures, and Product Manager (PdM) P2E organizational policies/procedures.
- Draft all contracting documents that comprise the Acquisition Requirements Package, including but not limited to; Justification for Exception to Fair Opportunity (JEFO), Determination and Findings, Brand Name Justifications, Limited Source Justifications, Requests for Information (RFIs), Independent Government Cost Estimate (IGCEs), Market Research, Letters of Concern, Acquisition Strategy, Course of Action Briefs, Statement of Work, Performance Work Statement, etc.
- Coordinate and lead teleconferences with IPT leads, KOs, and leadership as needed.
- Generate and update spreadsheets per contract illustrating contract history, status of funding on contract, and invoice status.
- Update global spreadsheets on the entire portfolio of contracts.
- Maintain pre-award WBS for the PM.
- Generate briefing slides on contracting activity on a weekly basis.
- Be available for OCONUS travel to support acquisition requirement development when needed.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's preferred
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Defense Acquisition University (DAU)/DAWIA Level II or higher certification in Contracting