Artificial Intelligence Technical Writer – Department of Defense
Contingent on Contract Award | Cyber / Intelligence | Washington, DC
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking an experienced Technical Writer to provide support to the DoD's Joint Artificial Intelligence Center (JAIC), which is focused on the direction, synchronization and modernization of Artificial Intelligence across the DoD enterprise. This individual will provide subject matter expertise to support to the following: Development of strategies to reduce technology and non-technology barriers to AI adoption; Ensuring relevant missions are operating consistently to identify and exploit modernization opportunities; Coordination of information flow across the Directorate and with other relevant Directorates; Management of taskers and monitoring of performance measures; Elucidation of use cases for AI; and delivering sustainable, useful, and reliable AI products.
- Researches highly technical subject matter, organizes information from multiple sources and expresses technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers
- Create various weekly, biweekly, and monthly reports
- Draft, expand, refine and edit architecture documents, technical concepts or solutions into an easy to read, comprehensive, compliant and compelling documents
- Develop outlines and drafts for review and approval by technical specialists and management ensuring that final documents meet applicable contract requirements and government regulations
- Create compelling White Papers and other documents.
- Interact with the customer and technical team members for content development
- Become familiar and comply with government style guides
- Active DoD Secret clearance required
- Bachelors Degree in a technical field or English/Journalism
- 4-8 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, as an expert spokesman for the agency in all areas of expertise
- Expert in use of MS Office Suite to include Visio and Project