Business Development Writer
Full-Time | Corporate | Washington, DC
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum seeks a Business Development Writer with demonstrably strong writing, editing and analytical skills to support an active and diverse BD portfolio. This individual will support Barbaricum’s winning BD Team and have a direct impact in one of the fastest growing firms in the industry.
Writing samples may be requested during the interview process.
- Write in support of proposals and market research
- Learn fundamentals of business development and leverage writing skills in support of them
- Create outlines, compliance matrices, and templates
- Provide editing and compliance support
- Prep administrative and past performance sections
- Support proposal production and delivery coordination/logistics
- Research proposal-specific information as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English or related writing-focused discipline
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills with attention to detail
- Open-source research skills and experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to attain a government security clearance