C# Software Engineer – Air Force
Full-Time | Mission Support | Washington, DC
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking a Software Engineer to support the continued development in capabilities and new techniques for the Air Force Critical Asset Risk Management (CARM) programs and Mission Assurance (MA) activities. The Air Force Critical Asset Management (AF-CAMS) database development, maintenance, and operation remains a key element to CARM. This individual will be responsible for software engineering and database management for the AF-CAMS database and ensuring feasible technical solutioning within the software development lifecycle, data integration, planning and managing new application development, architecture, and engineering for successful operations on USAF and DoD networks. This team will lead the Air Force's continued transition into the Next Generation of AF-CAMS.
- Supports AF-CAMS Database Development
- Help lead development in order to transition from legacy to modern technologies
- Designs, develops, performs, and analyzes tests to determine solution suitability
- Evaluate SQL and web-based applications
- Define and set up an enterprise software development environment including container cluster management, repositories, CI/CD pipelines, and security assurance checks
- Define secure APIs
- Oversees Mission Assurance and Air Force Critical Asset Management System activities
- Ensures quality and DoD network compliant products are delivered
- Active DoD TS SCI
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science Information Technology, Information Systems or related fields
- 5+ years’ experience
- Demonstrated familiarity with SQL and C# required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of the advantages/disadvantages of programming languages (why use C#, Golang, Scala, Python, and/or C++ for development)
- Understanding of the advantages/disadvantages of web-based frameworks (React, Angular, Vue, Spring)
- Understand of the trade-offs between waterfall, agile, kanban, MVP, and accelerated sprint methodologies
- Experience leading transitions from legacy to modern technologies
- Experience with canary deployments and A/B web app testing
- Experience developing in an always-available production environment