Senior Cloud Systems Engineer
Contingent on Contract Award | Cyber / Intelligence | Washington, DC
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking an experienced Cloud Systems Engineer to support the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
This Cloud Systems Engineer will be instrumental in providing the overarching architecture, concept implementation, and skill sets needed to successfully deliver on this mission’s vision.
This Cloud Systems Engineer will provide technical, managerial, and administrative direction for problem definition, analysis, requirements development, and implementation for complex to extremely complex systems in the subject matter area. This individual will make recommendations and advise on organization-wide system improvements, optimization or maintenance efforts in the following specialties: information systems architecture; networking; telecommunications; automation; communications protocols; risk management/electronic analysis; software; lifecycle management; software development methodologies; and modeling and simulation.
- Verifying stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of cloud system architectures.
- Developing cloud system engineering, cloud software engineering, cloud system integration, or cloud distributed system architectures.
- Collaborating with engineers or software developers to select appropriate cloud design solutions or ensure the compatibility of cloud system components.
- Identifying cloud system data, hardware, or software components required to meet user needs.
- Communicating with staff or clients to understand specific cloud system requirements.
- Researching, testing, or verifying proper functioning of software patches and fixes.
- Providing advice on project costs, design concepts, or design changes.
- Performing security analyses of developed or packaged software components.
- Providing technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of cloud systems.
- Documenting cloud design specifications, installation instructions, and other system-related information.
- Recommending cloud design specifications for adoption within the DHS IE classified environment.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance required
- At least 10 years of experience in designing and developing cloud solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program
- MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional, or equivalent certification
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related degree program
- Working knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering, processes, tools, and languages.
- Federated Enterprise Architect Certifications: Certified Enterprise Architect
- National Defense University, College of Information and Cyberspace, Enterprise Architecture Certification
- Prior experience supporting DHS preferred