Communications Development & Support Specialist
Contingent on Contract Award | Integrated Communications | Arlington, VA
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking a Communications Development & Support Specialist to support the United States Army Office of the Chief of Chaplains (OCCH). The United States Army Chaplain Corps builds Army spiritual readiness to deploy, fight, and win our Nation's wars, by providing reliable and relevant world-class religious support, as a unique element of the Army that is fully engaged across the full spectrum of conflict.
Chaplain Corps strategic communications support the Chaplain Corps' work to care for the soul of the Army, by ensuring the constitutionally-mandated free exercise of religion, by delivering spiritual and religious care directly to Soldiers, their Families, and Army Civilians, and by providing moral leadership. This role will support the Communications Planning & Support Lead to develop strategic communication and analytical services to the OCCH.
- Develop, create, and execute digital media content and products;
- Be responsible for the oversight, development and execution of strategic communication products and campaigns leveraging all available communications conduits and emerging technologies to most effectively communicate the Army Chaplain Corps mission and philosophy;
- Support Strategic Communications by communicating information through verbal, written and social/digital media channels, and serving to align messaging across all internal/external channels, to ensure consistency of Army Chaplain Corps products and programs;
- Advise and implement communication strategies that leverage emerging technologies and best practices that meet industry standards;
- Develop and post content in a variety of social/digital media channels and publications to support Army Chaplain Corps messaging, programs and capabilities;
- Assist in the production of video and multimedia presentations;
- Use a variety of methods and techniques in achieving communication goals such as: social/digital media content, product exhibits, brochures, pamphlets, graphics, local and national news, Armed Forces Radio Television Services, etc.; and
- Plan, develop, conduct and provide metrics of social/digital media channels.
- 3+ years of professional experience working in social/digital media;
- 5+ years of experience with developing digital media content and project management;
- Basic understanding of social/digital media emerging technology;
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital media content creation to include video/photo editing skills;
- Experience with social/digital media channels, to include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube;
- Experience and knowledge with current industry standard A/V compositions and editing software such as Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, and other professional grade products
- Proficient in verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills;
- Ability to analyze, track, conduct and provide metrics of social/digital media channels; and
- Strong project management skills with ability to take project from concept to completion.
- Must be to obtain and maintain a National Agency Check (NAC).