Communications Research and Assessment Analyst
Contingent on Contract Award | Integrated Communications | Arlington, VA
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking a Communications Research and Assessment Analyst to support a contract with the U.S. Army's Office of the Chief of Public Affairs (OCPA). This position will either be remote or onsite at the Pentagon in Arlington, VA. Candidate must be a U.S. citizen and able to pass a background check.
This individual will help OCPA in its efforts to evaluate how well the Army is telling its story to key internal and external publics. This includes assisting OCPA to develop and update its overall research and assessment processes and methodologies, research stakeholder sentiment, create S.M.A.R.T. objectives and measurement plans for communication campaigns and plans, and to oversee the collection, synthesizing, and analysis of large data sets to assess communication results. Communications research data sources include external traditional and social media, internal social media and website analytics, polls, surveys, focus groups, and academic documents. The Communications Research and Assessment Analyst will craft senior leader briefs depicting research results with charts, graphs, key takeaways and recommendations on how research findings can be used to make decisions on improving Army communication planning, execution, and ultimately, results.
- U.S. citizen and able to pass a DoD background investigation
- PhD with experience in social science or behavioral research
- 5+ years of relevant communications and/or public affairs experience
- Demonstrated experience in communication research and assessments, specifically how communications efforts impact key publics
- Experience in stakeholder research to assess audience awareness and perceptions
- Experience crafting S.M.A.R.T. objectives and measurement plans for communication campaigns; ability to collect and assess related data during and after communication campaigns
- Expert on research methodologies and best practices for scientific research practices to effectively assess communications and public affairs efforts and their impact on key publics
- Ability to conduct research, gather data, compile and synthesize data from myriad sources, assess information, interpret results, and produce reports on research findings
- Experience producing research briefs (Word and Power Point) for senior leaders, where complex research is visualized in a clear, digestible way so that those with little research experience can understand takeaways. Reports must contain key takeaways and recommendations to improve Army communication results
- Strong grasp of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience working for the U.S. Army and/or familiarity with Army culture, terminology, and priorities a strong plus