Communications Specialist / Content Creator
Full-Time | Integrated Communications | Remote
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nation's most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking an experiencedCommunications Specialist to provide support to a Department of Veterans Affairs customer charged with preparing servicemembers for transition into civilian status. This individual will play a key role as part of a team developing a branding and communication strategy to support veterans and their families, as well as providing education for key audiences in the Federal government and improve web, digital and social media engagement.
The Communications Specialist will support communications research, planning, and content creation. They will write and edit written materials including communication strategies and plans, articles, speeches, reports, social media posts, marketing materials, statistical backgrounds, and talking points. This person will work closely with the Strategic Communications/Public Affairs SME and Graphic Designer to brainstorm ideas and produce content-rich, exciting visual products. The Communications Specialist may support future communication measurement initiatives, to include collecting digital communication data (websites, social media, email marketing, etc.) to assess KPIs and gauge communication effectiveness.
This position may be performed remotely.
- BA/BS degree
- Eight years of experience in communications/public affairs, to include developing communications strategies/plans, writing and editing content (blog posts, articles, social media), and creating and designing various materials for print and digital collateral
- Must have exceptional attention to detail and time management skills to independently produce and deliver error-free, high-quality communication products.
- Must be very familiar with AP standards and possess advanced editing skills
- Must be able to demonstrate expertise in communications and public relations
- Experience with 508 compliance and making digital documents accessible
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be a U.S. citizen and able to pass a background check
- Familiarity with collecting and analyzing digital media data analytics, to include producing reports to visualize KPIs and assess communication effectiveness
- Former experience with VA and/or DoD desired; previous experience in and understanding of Veterans issues a strong plus
- Experience conducting communication measurement—collecting communications data and analytics to measure KPIs and communication effectiveness
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite