Full-Time | Mission Support | Alexandria, VA
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking a Communications Specialist to support a contract with a Department of Defense (DoD) client. This person will work with one other team members to support a range of communication efforts, to include website content management, outreach, events, collateral material development, and media analysis reporting. This position is remote with occasional required onsite meetings in Alexandria, VA.
- Provide content management support, using AFPIMS to regularly upload content and maintain website functionality over time
- Conduct research on outreach opportunities and engagement recommendations, including development and maintenance of conferences, events, podcasts, and calendars
- Assist with design and production of outreach materials such as brochures, conference booths, videos, and webinars
- Assist with development of talking points and presentations for leadership engagements
- Develop and maintain a regular newsletter
- Conduct regular media monitoring and analysis using open-source tools such as Meltwater
- Collect and compile relevant news data to produce media analysis reports with charts, graphs, key takeaways, and recommendations
- Produce regular reporting on social and traditional media landscape, key themes and audiences, sentiment, media outlets, and other key factors
- Active DoD Secret clearance required
- BA/BS in a communications-related field preferred
- 5+ years of relevant communications experience
- Experience in media monitoring and analysis, especially Meltwater
- Experience maintaining a website; AFPIMS experience preferred but training may be provided upon hire
- Excellent open-source research skills and ability to organize resources and create forward planning for outreach and engagements
- Ability to conduct research, gather data, assess information, interpret results, and write reports analyzing media coverage
- Strong writing and editing skills to produce outreach content and media analysis reports with minimal formatting or grammar errors
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Reliable and able to work under tight deadlines for product submission
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)