Computer Engineer – Naval Surface Warfare Center
Full-Time | Mission Support | Bedford, IN
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking a Computer Engineer to provide support to the Maneuver, Surveillance and Engagement Division at Naval Surface Warfare Center - Crane.
This individual will work as part of a larger contract team supporting engineering, technical, and program support for software engineering and cyber engineering for expeditionary systems and product lines for the NSWC customer. This will include design, development, system integration, sensor and data fusion, data management, data mining, production, information assurance/cybersecurity, installation, rapid prototyping, Research Development Test and Evaluation (RDT&E), Configuration Management, and sustainment for Information Technology and software-centric systems.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- 3-6 years of professional experience in computer design, software development or computer networks
- Bachelor's level degree in Computer, Electrical or Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics with field of concentration in computer science required
- Experience developing in Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment
- Demonstrated familiarity with and experience developing in Java, C, C++
- Database development and SQL experience strongly preferred
- Possess ONE of the following active certifications: CompTIA Security+ CE, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, CND, SSCP, CSSLP, CISSP, ECSP or SECURE C++