Configuration Management Specialist
Contingent on Contract Award | Mission Support | Fort Belvoir, VA
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named one of the best places to work by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum is seeking a qualified Configuration Management Specialist to support the mission of the Product Manager Power Projection Enablers (PdM P2E), supporting the Army Program Executive Office for Enterprise Information Systems (PEO-EIS). The Chief Information Officer of the Army has charged PdM P2E with procuring and installing leading-edge technologies including Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I) systems; computer and communication networks; network convergence; cloud computing; cyber security compliance; visual displays; product tools; product architecture; modeling; electro-optics; transport; radio frequency devices; control systems; and instrumentation equipment. Support and services performed under this contract include administration, operations, logistics, engineering, knowledge management, information technology, and program management support to PdM P2E.
- Provide assistance in configuration management of all necessary documentation for the Government to undertake and manage project system acquisitions.
- Establish and administer the documentation library and maintain the Configuration Management Library in accordance with the Army Records.
- Prepare engineering change proposal forms and related documentation and distribute official change notice forms and document change pages based on control board approvals.
- Maintain official configuration management records, documents, distribution lists, correspondence and maintain all applicable configuration baseline documentation.
- Provide technical assistance and administrative support for the Requirements Control Boards (RCB) and other governance forums requiring functional participation, and facilitation of Subject Matter Expert (SME) workshops.
- Support the presentation of Release Plans to the Engineering Control Board (ECB) for vetting, RCB for stakeholder approval, and Configuration Control Board (CCB) for contract approval.
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 8-10 years of related experience performing a variety of Configuration Management functions, including complete traceability of all requirements, configuration change control and systems specifications