Cyber Security Specialist
Contingent on Contract Award | Mission Support | Fort Belvoir, VA
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named one of the best places to work by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum is seeking a qualified Cyber Security Specialist to support the mission of the Product Manager Power Projection Enablers (PdM P2E), supporting the Army Program Executive Office for Enterprise Information Systems (PEO-EIS). The Chief Information Officer of the Army has charged PdM P2E with procuring and installing leading-edge technologies including Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I) systems; computer and communication networks; network convergence; cloud computing; cyber security compliance; visual displays; product tools; product architecture; modeling; electro-optics; transport; radio frequency devices; control systems; and instrumentation equipment. Support and services performed under this contract include administration, operations, logistics, engineering, knowledge management, information technology, and program management support to PdM P2E.
- Provide assistance in identifying and resolving highly complex Cyber Security/Information Assurance (IA) problems which are not subject to resolution through conventional methods.
- Provide assistance in the development of P2E Cyber Security/IA briefings to obtain leadership/management consensus/approval on potential security solutions.
- Provide assistance in network security implementation, including preparation and oversight of the execution of policies and procedures to ensure the continuous security of PEO EIS P2E’s project architectures.
- Provide assistance in oversight to ensure implemented security safeguards are adequate to assure the integrity, availability, and confidentiality of the information being processed, transmitted, or stored are consistent with the level of sensitivity of that information.
- Provide analysis of information processing needs and proposed system changes for security requirements and implications.
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8-10 years of related experience
- Experience coordinating a variety of security programs for implementing Information Assurance and security standards, procedures, doctrines and policies