Contingent on Contract Award | Mission Support | Washington, DC
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named one of the best places to work by Inc. Magazine.
Positions also available in Crane, Indiana and Naval Air Station Patuxent River in Maryland
Barbaricum is seeking a Cybersecurity Analyst to provide support to an upcoming contract with the Digital Integration Support Cell (DISC) for the Navy. The Cybersecurity Analyst will work with a team of Technical Writers, Systems Engineers, and Facilities Engineers to provide research, development, and engineering to upgrade legacy facilities and technologies in support of Army, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Navy platforms.
- Perform system hardening and cyber security to include disabling vulnerable ports and stopping unnecessary services
- Remove irrelevant features of the Operating System (OS), uninstall unnecessary and vulnerable software, change default settings and removing unnecessary features and applications
- Verify that each system’s security configurations are set properly and that the OS software, firmware, and applications are up to date
- Develop, review, research, prepare, and support designs proposed by the Government or developed by the contractor for new items and for improvements to existing items related to facilities and laboratory technology systems
- Conduct design engineering, hardware conceptualization, prototyping, and review of the overall product while accounting for supportability requirements associated with facilities and laboratory technology systems
- Active DoD Secret Clearance Required
- Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited college or university
- 5-12 years of relevant experience