Contingent on Contract Award | Mission Support | Washington, DC
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Positions also available in Crane, Indiana and Naval Air Station Patuxent River in Maryland
Barbaricum is seeking a Cybersecurity Analyst to provide support to an upcoming contract with the Digital Integration Support Cell (DISC) for the Navy. The Cybersecurity Analyst will work with a team of Technical Writers, Systems Engineers, and Facilities Engineers to provide research, development, and engineering to upgrade legacy facilities and technologies in support of Army, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Navy platforms.
- Perform system hardening and cyber security to include disabling vulnerable ports and stopping unnecessary services
- Remove irrelevant features of the Operating System (OS), uninstall unnecessary and vulnerable software, change default settings and removing unnecessary features and applications
- Verify that each system’s security configurations are set properly and that the OS software, firmware, and applications are up to date
- Develop, review, research, prepare, and support designs proposed by the Government or developed by the contractor for new items and for improvements to existing items related to facilities and laboratory technology systems
- Conduct design engineering, hardware conceptualization, prototyping, and review of the overall product while accounting for supportability requirements associated with facilities and laboratory technology systems
- Active DoD Secret Clearance Required
- Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited college or university
- 5-12 years of relevant experience