Contingent on Contract Award | Cyber / Intelligence | Pyeongtaek, South Korea
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum seeks a Data Scientist who will be seated at Camp Humphries, South Korea, to support the United States Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM), integrating with other scientists, analysts, and engineers to provide data science services and solutions. This program will support INSCOM as is it modernizes and transforms to support Multi-Domain Operations (MDO) objectives required for large-scale combat operations (LSCO) to enable commanders to see farther, understand sooner, and share wider than ever before. The team will provide support for the digital strategy to consolidate separate staff-managed digital services under an Army Intelligence Enterprise (AIE) service delivery activity. The team will be tasked with administering products and services required by INSCOM to provide value for the Army Intelligence mission by applying data science approaches to intelligence problems to support commander decisions.
- Apply statistics, machine learning and analytic approaches to answer key intelligence questions, producing results and re-usable products that provide real value to Intelligence Analysts
- Develop and refine data sets to achieve stakeholder goals and objectives as requested
- Work with intelligence analysts to interpret analytic results and refine analysis as needed
- Apply machine learning techniques to identify and transform data features, find hidden patterns and trends, build and optimize classifiers, create automated anomaly detection systems, and automate steps of the intelligence process
- Evaluate statistical models to determine the validity of analyses, implement evaluated models into production by collaborating with software developers, periodically re-evaluate and refine machine learning models being used in production
- Coordinate with Data Analysts to refine and implement models and monitor outcomes
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers, analysts and other stakeholders. Contractor shall advise on the interpretation and use of data intelligence products, quality assessments and applications
- Collaborate with Intelligence Analysts to understand needs and devise possible solutions
- Conduct technical reviews and develop appropriate materials to training system users and Instructors in preparation of operational deployments
- Assess training requirements based on current system and functional baseline
- Develop training artifacts in support of operations including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs)
- MS in Data Science, Statistics, Applied Math, or related field, with at least 6 years of experience as member of data science team with at least a portion of the experience within the last 2 years leading data science projects;
- OR, Bachelor’s degree related to the labor category and an additional 8 years of related senior experience, for a total of 12 years, as a substitute to the Master’s degree
- Languages, Tools, and Techniques Demonstrated proficiency with R or Python, and SQL to manipulate data and draw insights from large and small data sets
- Documented proficiency in a variety of supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Documented proficiency in advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Documented proficiency with common data science libraries
- Demonstrated proficiency visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders
- Documented proficiency with MS Office tools including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Demonstrated proficiency with Amazon Web Services (AWS), in particular products related to: analytics, compute, database, developer tools, and machine learning
- Skilled data wrangler
- Experience with database solutions including SQL, NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB) and graph (e.g. Neo4j)
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, ggplot, Bokeh, etc.
- Capability to recognize when Data Science can add value to an intelligence problem, and when it cannot.
- Ability to translate an intelligence problem into a Data Science problem, and to work with the Intelligence Analysts and Analyst Control Element (ACE) Chief to refine understanding of the problem
- Comfortable working in a dynamic team environment with several ongoing concurrent projects; able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; good Interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of leadership
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques; desire to maintain currency on latest industry trends including completing additional training; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge; able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions; strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on production for re-use
- Goal-oriented, encouraging to team and staff; comfortable as a team-player, leader and mentor
- MS in Data Science, Statistics, Applied Math, or related field.
- Two years leading data science projects is desired
- Five years intelligence analysis experience is desired (MOS 35/350 series or other DoD/IC equivalent)