Data Scientist – Joint Artificial Intelligence Center (JAIC)
Full-Time | Cyber / Intelligence | Falls Church, VA
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking an experienced Data Scientist to provide support to the DoD's Joint Artificial Intelligence Center (JAIC), which is focused on the direction, synchronization and modernization of Artificial Intelligence across the DoD enterprise. This individual will provide subject matter expertise to support to the following: Development of strategies to reduce technology and non-technology barriers to AI adoption; Ensuring relevant missions are operating consistently to identify and exploit modernization opportunities; Coordination of information flow across the Directorate and with other relevant Directorates; Management of taskers and monitoring of performance measures; Elucidation of use cases for AI; and delivering sustainable, useful, and reliable AI products.
- Design, configure, develop, test, and support informatics and data science solutions for a wide array of technical use cases
- Apply analytical methodologies to diagnose data-related challenges, implement solutions, and evaluate performance
- Document and present requirements, design alternatives, and findings to team members and clients
- Ability to develop strategic, baselined, data modeling processes; ability to accurately determine cause-and-effect relationships.
- Leverage experience with integrated development environments, data integration, data visualization, data mining, and analysis tools
- Active DoD TS/SCI Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or Operational Research (Master's preferred)
- 4 - 8 years of industry experience in predictive modeling, data science and analysis
- Experience with ML fields, e.g., natural language processing, computer vision, statistical learning theory
- Experience in an ML engineer or data scientist role building ML models
- Experience writing code in Python, R, Scala, Java, C++ with documentation for reproducibility
- Experience handling terabyte-size datasets, diving into data to discover hidden patterns, using data visualization tools, writing SQL, and working with GPUs to develop models
- Experience writing and speaking about technical concepts to business, technical, and lay audiences and giving data-driven presentations