Contingent on Contract Award | Cyber / Intelligence | McLean, VA
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum seeks an experienced Data Scientist to provide support to an Intelligence Community customer charged with developing strategic-level Measures of Performance (MOP) and Measures of Effectiveness (MOE) analyses for use in program and operational evaluations, planning, and development. These analyses will include utilize relevant and appropriate tools and methodologies, such as audience identification, segmentation, engagement measurement tools, and other tools adapted from commercial marketing methods, as well as quantitative methods, such as data analytics, statistics, modeling, and machine learning. Specifically, Data Scientists will apply data science expertise in support of Measures of Performance/Measures of Effectiveness (MOP/E) methodology, media research, media analysis, and quantitative and qualitative metrics analysis.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance with Full-Scope Polygraph
- Two (2) years’ work experience demonstrating technical expertise in open -source programming languages relevant to media analysis, including Python or R language.
- Two (2) years’ work experience demonstrating technical expertise in media analysis methodologies relevant such as: machine learning, natural language processing, or common statistical techniques.
- Two (2) years’ work experience demonstrating technical expertise in media analysis tools relevant such as; Python or R language and their open source libraries, Tableau or visualization software, Git, or social media platform application program interfaces (APIs).
- Two (2) years’ work experience demonstrating technical expertise in applying advanced quantitative analysis to media analysis problems.
- Two (2) years’ work experience demonstrating technical expertise in publishing finished media analysis projects including written assessments, web interfaces, or interactive graphics.
- Two (2) years’ work experience demonstrating technical expertise in data visualization software.