Deployed SOF Intelligence Field Service Engineer – Korea
Full-Time | Cyber / Intelligence | Pyeongtaek, South Korea
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking an experienced and technically adept Intelligence Field Service Engineer to provide support to a SOCOM customer. Specifically, this Field Service Engineer will facilitate the continuous improvement of technologies through SOF user requests and the conceptualization, design, and development of customized workflows and tools derived from specific knowledge of user needs, mission planning and execution, and advanced analytic platforms.
- Enable significant analytic and operational outcomes across the SOF Enterprise through user proficiency with technology tools
- Provide desk-side support to strategic, operational and tactical command staffs
- Develop and design user-specific custom workflows
- Lead conceptualization, design, development, delivery and fulfillment of requests for feature enhancements, customized ontologies and other data modeling services
- Provide engineering support to improve functionality such as entity extraction, crawlers, helpers, plug-ins, and other custom applications
- Integrate with approved Programs of Record including technical requirements, SOF enterprise architecture, and emerging government cloud solutions
- Develop of mission-specific customizations that enhance interoperability between enterprise platforms and emerging technologies, tools and data
- Identify product feature requests and enhancements
- Identify new data sets for mission-critical needs, training and exercises
- Perform data cleaning and data maintenance
- Mentor SOF operators and analysts to create power users and proficiency with new advance ed analytic tools
- Provide system-level support addressing issues identified through monitoring or by end users, to include ensuring a consistent and comprehensive approach to maintenance support requirements spanning routine system diagnostics and health checks, system upgrades, new server setup, and error identification and correction related to Java, data source integration, server architecture, memory, firewalls, or other causal issues
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance required
- Minimum 3 years of Operational or Intelligence Community (IC) operations, platforms, functions, and terminology experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in implementing and training software systems/updates, standard operating procedures and technical documentation
- Demonstrated experience utilizing Palantir as an intelligence platform
- In addition to Palantir, experience with one or more of the following operational and intelligence platforms: Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS)-SOF, Fusion Analysis and Development Effort/Multi-Intelligence Spatial-Temporal (FADE/MIST), EIA, Analyst Notebook, Esri
- Experience supporting SOF highly desired