Deployed SOF Intelligence Field Service Engineer
Full-Time | Cyber / Intelligence | Global
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named one of the best places to work by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum is seeking experienced and technically adept Intelligence Field Service Engineers to provide support to a SOCOM customer at various CONUS and OCONUS locations. Specifically, Field Service Engineers will facilitate the continuous improvement of technologies through SOF user requests and the conceptualization, design, and development of customized workflows and tools derived from specific knowledge of user needs, mission planning and execution, and advanced analytic platforms.
- Enable significant analytic and operational outcomes across the SOF Enterprise through user proficiency with technology tools
- Provide desk-side support to strategic, operational and tactical command staffs
- Develop and design user-specific custom workflows
- Lead conceptualization, design, development, delivery and fulfillment of requests for feature enhancements, customized ontologies and other data modeling services
- Provide engineering support to improve functionality such as entity extraction, crawlers, helpers, plug-ins, and other custom applications
- Integrate with approved Programs of Record including technical requirements, SOF enterprise architecture, and emerging government cloud solutions
- Develop of mission-specific customizations that enhance interoperability between enterprise platforms and emerging technologies, tools and data
- Identify product feature requests and enhancements
- Identify new data sets for mission-critical needs, training and exercises
- Perform data cleaning and data maintenance
- Mentor SOF operators and analysts to create power users and proficiency with new advance ed analytic tools
- Provide system-level support addressing issues identified through monitoring or by end users, to include ensuring a consistent and comprehensive approach to maintenance support requirements spanning routine system diagnostics and health checks, system upgrades, new server setup, and error identification and correction related to Java, data source integration, server architecture, memory, firewalls, or other causal issues
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance required
- Minimum 3 years of Operational or Intelligence Community (IC) operations, platforms, functions, and terminology experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in implementing and training software systems/updates, standard operating procedures and technical documentation
- Demonstrated experience utilizing Palantir as an intelligence platform
- In addition to Palantir, experience with one or more of the following operational and intelligence platforms: Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS)-SOF, Fusion Analysis and Development Effort/Multi-Intelligence Spatial-Temporal (FADE/MIST), EIA, Analyst Notebook, Esri
- Experience supporting SOF highly desired