Digital Communications Specialist – US Army
Full-Time | Integrated Communications | Fort Belvoir, VA
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking a Digital Communications Specialist to support a contract that will provide synchronized, integrated strategic planning, communications, analytical, operational, and technical support services to the Headquarters, Department of the Army (HQDA) offices of the Deputy Chief of Staff, G-6. The Digital Content Specialist will support the G-6 with its digital media program—including public-facing websites and social media—in order to increase the public’s understanding of G-6 themes, messages, vision, goals and priorities.
This individual will design and maintain the G-6 digital and social media programs as well as help manage public-facing web presence on the Army.mil website utilizing the CORE content management system. Support will include maintaining daily social media activity for the G-6 organizations, coordinating a social media calendar with online activity, partnering with directorates and divisions to ensure proper online messaging and relevancy, ensuring message consistency across social media networks, preparing reports on statistics, and monitoring all relevant social media sites.
- Design and regularly update a digital strategy and tracking tools in support of the larger strategic communication program
- Help gauge digital performance measures to assess whether information reaches intended audiences with the required frequency to produce desired results.
- Develop mechanisms to remain engaged with the broader IT, Signal and Cyber communities across the Army to be able to share relevant digital and social media content with and from the community.
- Provide digital media program and web content management support.
- Design and maintain the G-6 digital and social media programs.
- Make updates to the public-facing Army.mil website, utilizing the CORE content management system.
- Maintain daily social media activity for the G-6 organizations, coordinating a social media calendar with online activity and partnering with directorates and divisions to ensure proper online messaging, relevancy and consistency across social media networks.
- Provide written digital and social media reports or charts that highlight the status, impact, and results of the digital media program from the prior month.
- Coordinate with strategic communication and graphics personnel to enhance digital and social media posts.
- Attend a variety of meetings on a weekly or as needed basis.
- Active DoD Secret clearance required
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in digital communications, content strategy, or execution (experience with the Army or DoD a plus)
- Must have experience in digital media management, including social media and website strategy and content management
- Experience using the Army CORE platform to upload and manage content on Army.mil websites is strongly preferred
- Must have strong writing and editing skills to deliver content that is accurate and free of errors
- Familiarity with Army and DoD digital media policies
- Knowledge and familiarity with the Army and G-6 topic area (Cyber, network, communications, IT) a plus