Facilities Engineer (Architect)
Contingent on Contract Award | Mission Support | Washington, DC
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named one of the best places to work by Inc. Magazine.
Positions also available in Crane, Indiana and Naval Air Station Patuxent River in Maryland.
Barbaricum is seeking a Facilities Engineer to provide support to an upcoming contract with the Digital Integration Support Cell (DISC) for the Navy. The Facilities Engineer will work with a team of Cybersecurity Analysts, Technical Writers, and Systems Engineers to provide research, development, and engineering to upgrade legacy facilities and technologies in support of Army, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Navy platforms.
- Develop, review, research, prepare, and support designs proposed by the Government or developed by the contractor for new items and for improvements to existing items related to facilities and laboratory technology systems
- Perform reverse engineering consistent with all applicable data rights and patents on Government owned systems, subsystems, equipment, and components
- Assess proposed engineering changes, perform feasibility studies, and investigate and resolve hardware system issues associated with facilities and laboratory technology systems in the areas of technology application and item performance and reliability
- Perform facilities assessments such as providing an analysis of electric, power, water, air conditioning, capital equipment, civil engineering, and HAZMAT requirements in order to identify all facilities requirements that may be impacted by the establishment organic intermediate and depot level maintenance capability
- Active DoD Secret Clearance required
- Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited college or university
- 5-12 years of relevant experience