Full-Stack Analytic Developer
Contingent on Contract Award | Cyber / Intelligence | Pyeongtaek, South Korea
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum seeks a Full-Stack Analytic Developer who will be seated at Camp Humphries, South Korea, to support the United States Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM), integrating with data scientists, analysts, and engineers to provide data science services and solutions. This program will support INSCOM as is it modernizes and transforms to support Multi-Domain Operations (MDO) objectives required for large-scale combat operations (LSCO) to enable commanders to see farther, understand sooner, and share wider than ever before. The team will provide support for the digital strategy to consolidate separate staff-managed digital services under an Army Intelligence Enterprise (AIE) service delivery activity. The team will be tasked with administering products and services required by INSCOM to provide value for the Army Intelligence mission by applying data science approaches to intelligence problems to support commander decisions.
- Create deployable web applications to solve real-world intelligence challenges.
- Take analytic code from data scientist and integrate it into a graphical user interface.
- Design, create, and implement user interfaces to meets the goals of objectives of the intelligence analysts.
- Assist data engineer integrating external datasets into data pipeline(s).
- Deploy applications to commercial clouds.
- Collaborate with Intelligence Analysts to understand needs, sketch out possible solutions, create solutions, and modify as necessary.
- Develop processes and tools to test applications created to ensure the model deployment and maintenance is taken into consideration for the lifecycle of the model.
- Conduct technical reviews and develop appropriate course materials to train system users and Instructors in preparation of operational deployments.
- Document all processes, models and activities to ensure that the application created will receive an authority to operate (ATO).
- Assess training requirements based on current system and functional baseline. Develop training artifacts in support of operations including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs).
- Conduct surveys, interviews and research to develop solution strategies for alternative opportunities. Address the feasibility of developing standards or offer an alternative approach for capabilities that cannot be delivered through a common, industry-based standard.
- Perform system requirements analysis consisting of a structured approach to translate users’ needs into a technical system, product definitions as well as functional and engineering requirements.
- Conduct analysis, identify “as-is” and “to-be” processes, collect relevant data, information and documentation to formulate and implement a solution or recommendation.
- Develop data collection methods and tools to monitor status and provide updates when changes occur.
- Develop business cases or feasibility studies to justify IT investment initiatives. These analyses shall include a case for action, analysis of business requirements, analysis-of-alternatives, functional analysis, technical solutions, risk analysis and economic analysis including a rough order of magnitude and costs for comparing various options.
- BS in Computer Science or software engineering with at least 4 years of experience conducting analysis relevant to the specific labor category with at least a portion of the experience within the last two years.
- OR, AA in Computer Science or software engineering, or related discipline with 6 years of experience.
- Experience using at least one web framework (React, Vue.js, angular, Django, etc).
- Experience with version control tools.
- Experience with linux systems and bash scripting.
- Experience writing server-side APIs and using client-side APIs.
- Experience using containerization such as Docker.
- Familiarity with virtualization.
- Documented proficiency with MS Office tools including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Documented proficiency with AWS, in particular products related to: compute, database, and DevOps tools.
- Experience with database solutions including SQL, NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB).
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with several ongoing concurrent projects; able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; good
- Interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of leadership.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques; desire to maintain currency on latest industry trends including completing additional training; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently.
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge; able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions; strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on production for re-use.
- Goal-oriented, encouraging to team and staff; comfortable as a team-player, leader and mentor.
- Five years intelligence analysis experience is desired (MOS 35/350 series or other DoD/IC equivalent)