Full-Time | Cyber / Intelligence | Washington, DC
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking a Field Service Representative (FSR) Hardware Engineer to provide support to a DoD customer in Washington, DC. This individual is responsible for requirements analysis, design, integration, and test adhering to typical DoD processes and procedures. The FSR Hardware Engineer will be working closely with the implementation team as well as hardware design teams to ensure the end product meets customer requirements. This individual will be trusted as an expert on DoD vehicle hardware, and day to day will include developing architecture diagrams, signing off on blueprints, and generating field test reports.
- Derive operational/user requirements into system level requirements and decompose further to hardware sub-systems
- Develop DOD architecture diagrams
- Scope and lead hardware trade studies in support of derivation and decomposition of requirements
- Support hardware integration and test activities
- Generate developmental and operational field test reports
- Communicate requirements clearly and effectively to hardware design teams
- Work effectively on a team with people from a variety of disciplines and backgrounds
- Active DoD Secret clearance required
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience with DoD platform system/combat vehicle integration (DoD Family of Medium Tactical Vehicles preferred)
- DoD operational test and evaluation experience
- Familiarity with SWaP-C, E3, CBRN, Spectrum, and natural induced and hostile environmental requirements
- Demonstrated experience producing artifacts using engineering documentation tools, e.g., DOORS, Magic Draw, and CAD
- Ability to work with accuracy and consistency
- Ability to effectively communicate and be a reliable member of the team