Hispanic Media and Public Relations Specialist (Bilingual)
Full-Time | Integrated Communications | Washington, DC
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking a Media and Public Relations Specialist fluent in Spanish to provide client-facing communications support to the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE). This role directly supports the EERE Communications Director and EERE federal Media Leads.This individual will support EERE federal Media Leads with developing and executing effective local, regional, and national media pitch strategies for EERE and DOE-level announcements and events. The Specialist assists with response to media inquiries, conducts targeted media pitching, and helps facilitate and plan media interviews.
- Draft, review, and edit media pitches, media advisories, press releases, and interview talking points/scripts to ensure the message aligns with Administration, DOE, and EERE goals and priorities, and employs effective media engagement tactics.
- Work in Meltwater to collect, compile, and share weekly media clips with the EERE Communications team, and create and build upon media pitch lists and contact lists.
- Provide media training and best practices training to EERE Technology Offices and EERE leadership as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience in public relations and energy
- Must have established network of media contacts from Hispanic publications
- Experience in a newsroom, field journalism/reporting, or experience working in a Public Relations firm
- Experience in media relations: drafting press releases, developing media pitches, maintaining relationship with media contacts, etc.
- Experience using Meltwater software preferred
- Experience in renewable energy preferred