HUMINT and Open-Source Intelligence Analyst
Full-Time | Cyber / Intelligence | Fort Meade, MD
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum seeks an experienced Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) Analyst to provide services to a worldwide Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) program from Fort Meade, MD. The Analyst will work as part of a team to operationalize OSINT for the Department of the Army in support of Conventional and Special Operations Forces. This activity will inform and implement Army policy, provide access to, training for, and management and oversight of enterprise-approved OSINT capabilities for the Army.
This program supports the expansion of existing and emerging OSINT capabilities, and includes the activities related to and in support of delivering collection and exploitation support, training, capabilities management support, OSINT readiness, hosting environment support services, and emergent project support as needed.
- Conduct collection and exploitation of Publicly Available Information (PAI) via use of OSINT tools
- Conduct exploitation of social media and public accessible databases
- Produce Open Source intelligence (OSINT) Reports and other OSINT network analysis products
- Gather, synthesize, and analyze open source intelligence information in support of objectives related to force protection, counterterrorism, counternarcotics, and other areas of the Army mission
- Coordinate and collaborate with other intelligence disciplines to produce finished intelligence products, including threat assessments
- Assess and provide formal recommendations on emerging OSINT methodologies and tools
- Respond to Requests for Information
- Brief senior personnel and officers as needed
- Provide input to curriculum development for OSINT training requirements
- Oversee operational planning, technical papers, and other tasks as directed by customer
- Troubleshoot OSINT tools
- Active DoD TS/SCI security clearance required
- Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated intelligence experience and a Bachelor's Degree (or Associate's Degree and 5+ years of experience)
- Experience utilizing Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) OSINT tools which include but are not limited to the Berber Hunter Tool Kit applications (e.g., SILO, SCRAAWL, Dataminr, and Babel)
- Demonstrated experience in a field related to OSINT research, collection management, or analysis or the exploitation of PAI or social media
- Demonstrated Counterintelligence (CI) and/or Human Intelligence (HUMINT) experience
- Prior military or government analytical training (e.g., all source, SIGINT, HUMINT or GEOINT)
- Graduate of Government OSINT Training courses (e.g., OS301/OS302, CASO, defense or IC equivalent (DIA OS1, FBI OS101)
- Experience conducting intelligence analytical support for the DoD
- Knowledge of scripting languages and technologies, including Python, Java, R Script, and JEMA