Information Specialist/Knowledge Engineer
Contingent on Contract Award | Mission Support | Fort Belvoir, VA
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named one of the best places to work by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum is seeking an experienced Information Specialist/Knowledge Engineer to support the mission of the Product Manager Power Projection Enablers (PdM P2E). The Chief Information Officer of the Army has charged PdM P2E with procuring and installing leading-edge technologies including Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I) systems; computer and communication networks; network convergence; cloud computing; cyber security compliance; visual displays; product tools; product architecture; modeling; electro-optics; transport; radio frequency devices; control systems; and instrumentation equipment. Support and services performed under this contract include administration, operations, logistics, engineering, knowledge management, information technology, and program management support to PdM P2E.
- Maintain the SharePoint Portal server location for storing, versioning, and collaborating on documents and MS Project Server collection sites daily.
- Maintain software needs for Government-provided desktop computers as required on a recurring basis with assignment of new Government or contractor personnel to P2E in support of the Knowledge Management (KM) function.
- Coordinate within P2E Directorates and maintain the P2E Share Point portal.
- Validate that the project is funded, named appropriately and assigned a unique ID, updated in the Master Project List (MPL), assigned to the proper directorate, and governance structure and electronic repository are established, as required.
- Analyze project in coordination with P2E Directorates all portal documentation (i.e. plans, schedules, matrices, registers, charters, concurrence memorandums, support agreements, and strategies) to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with organizational standards, as required.
- Modify site views, arrange for integrated version history tracking, accomplish collaborative live editing, and establish user friendly search capabilities based on validated user requirements as required schedule.
- Recommend and assist Government enforcement of portal access and governance policy daily.
- Establish and update authoritative repository for all project data as required with new projects and as old projects transition-out.
- Provide users initial and refresher SharePoint orientation training with assignment of new personnel or when portal views are changed.
- Prepare and maintain comprehensive user’s guide for the portal.
- Establish process for gathering and tracking new requirements and updates.
- Establish and maintain electronic trouble ticket process and respond to inquiries.
- Coordinate trouble tickets with the help desk as required.
- Maintain software needs for approximately 200 laptop computers as required with new personnel arrivals and mission changes warranting unique software.
- Serve as the IMO and Telephone Control Officer and is responsible for providing technical support for installation, operation and maintenance of a wide variety of communications and automation equipment that includes hardware and software support for Desktop automation equipment and peripherals in a geographically dispersed organization.
- Provide technical support in resolving hardware and software problems in all areas of installed automation and communication systems.
- Perform installation of computer system including software and related communication systems.
- Make telephonic and on-site calls and implements site restorable procedures for all installed systems on established data communication network i.e., local area network (LAN) and multi-user systems applicable to the installation or serviced activities.
- Identify inoperative equipment modules, determine sources of problem between hardware, system software, firmware and application programs.
- Analyze a variety of technical problems and conditions associated with particular application area.
- Work with vendors to resolve problems or make immediate corrective changes to operating software.
- Provide technical assistance in support of services to determine functional user's requirements, including data file management, system utility capabilities, etc.
- Open, assign, annotate, and close Remedy Action Request System trouble tickets responded to for computer automation equipment repairs completed.
- Perform duties of unit Information Management Officer (IMO) with responsibilities for managing the ADP assets of the organization and overseeing the maintenance/application of use of Windows based computers.
- Process and track all NIPR/SIPR accounts to include set up of new accounts and maintain active accounts in a valid status.
- Perform problem determination and resolution in all areas of minicomputer, microcomputer and local area network technology.
- Set up and install new computer equipment, ensuring equipment is within network compliance.
- Coordinate equipment turn-ins with unit supply and process Requirement Documents for computer automation equipment acquisitions.
- Manage directorate hand receipts for automation equipment, sub-hand receipts equipment to users ensuring 100% accountability.
- Perform 10% spot check inventories monthly of equipment.
- Maintain database of directorate’s computer automation equipment.
- Update database by adding, changing, and deleting equipment as required.
- Conduct searches and queries of data and provides printouts of data for reviewing by senior staff.
- Track assets of the directorate and provides life cycle management and replacement IAW local policies and DoD regulations.
- Develop and provide input to training regarding hardware and software capabilities, proper use of equipment, user software interfaces, analysis of error routines and messages, restart/recovery procedures, telecommunications diagnostics and support, and data access routines.
- Maintain proficiency with phones, VOIP technology, IP VTC’s, AV Devices, and smart phones.
- Assist users with computer use issues, software configuration, user education and laptop installation as required.
- Issue and receive IT equipment including computers, printers, headphones, cell phones, cameras, etc.
- Track and maintain individual licenses for non-enterprise software as needed for new requirements or as personnel arrive and depart.
- Coordinate with Network managers to maintain storage and back-up capabilities for all P2E records and data.
- Assist with information equipment inventory, research for equipment refresh purchase planning and maintenance as required.
- Supports voicemail capability and provide expertise on accessing and resetting the equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assist users with computer issues, software configuration, user education and laptop installation as required and with new Government or contractor personnel arrivals.
- Active DoD Secret clearance required
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3+ years of relevant experience