IT Helpdesk Specialist
Contingent on Contract Award | Mission Support | Fort Belvoir, VA
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named one of the best places to work by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum is seeking an experienced IT Helpdesk Specialist to support the mission of the Product Manager Power Projection Enablers (PdM P2E). The Chief Information Officer of the Army has charged PdM P2E with procuring and installing leading-edge technologies including Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I) systems; computer and communication networks; network convergence; cloud computing; cyber security compliance; visual displays; product tools; product architecture; modeling; electro-optics; transport; radio frequency devices; control systems; and instrumentation equipment. Support and services performed under this contract include administration, operations, logistics, engineering, knowledge management, information technology, and program management support to PdM P2E.
- Maintain software needs for 200+ laptop computers with new personnel arrivals and mission changes warranting unique software.
- Provide technical support for installation, operation and maintenance of a wide variety of communications and automation equipment that includes hardware and software support for Desktop automation equipment and peripherals in a geographically dispersed organization.
- Provide technical support in resolving hardware and software problems in all areas of installed automation and communication systems; Perform installation of computer system including software and related communication systems; Make telephonic and on-site calls and implement site restorable procedures for all installed systems on established data communication network (i.e., local area network [LAN]) and multi-user systems applicable to the installation or serviced activities.
- Identify inoperative equipment modules, determine sources of problem between hardware, system software, firmware and application programs; Analyze technical problems and conditions associated with particular application area; Work with vendors to resolve problems or make immediate corrective changes to operating software.
- Provide technical assistance in support of services to determine functional user’s requirements, including data file management, system utility capabilities, etc.
- Open, assign, annotate, and close Remedy Action Request System trouble tickets responded to for computer automation equipment repairs completed.
- Perform problem determination and resolution in all areas of minicomputer, microcomputer and local area network technology.
- Set up and install new computer equipment, ensuring equipment is within network compliance.
- Coordinate equipment turn-ins with unit supply and processes Requirement Documents for computer automation equipment acquisitions.
- Maintain database of computer automation equipment; Update database by adding, changing, and deleting equipment as required.
- Track assets, provide life cycle management and replacement in accordance with local policies and DoD regulations.
- Develop and provide input to training regarding hardware and software capabilities, proper use of equipment, user software interfaces, analysis of error routines and messages, restart/recovery procedures, telecommunications diagnostics and support, and data access routines.
- Maintain proficiency with phones, VOIP technology, IP VTC’s, AV Devices, and smart phones.
- Assist users with computer use issues, software configuration, user education and laptop installation.
- Issue and receive IT equipment including computers, printers, headphones, cell phones, cameras, etc.
- Coordinate with Network managers to maintain storage and back-up capabilities for all program records and data.
- Assist with information equipment inventory, research for equipment refresh purchase planning and maintenance.
- Support voicemail capability and provide expertise on accessing and resetting the equipment.
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance
- BA/BS or MA/MS degree in related field
- 3-10 years of IT helpdesk work experience