Junior Media Analyst Manager
Full-Time | Integrated Communications | Washington, DC
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking a Junior Media Analysis Manager to help manage Barbaricum’s 24/7 Media Monitoring and Analysis Operation, which includes several contract teams supporting a wide range of U.S. Government clients. The candidate will be share the entire portfolio of projects with another Junior Manager, and will manage up to ten staff, working across several projects. They will support Barbaricum’s Senior Program Manager for Media Analysis to oversee project scope, schedule, quality, and resources. This person will be responsible for managing internal quality standards across Barbaricum’s Media Analysis teams by reviewing daily deliverables for issues such as missed stories and grammar errors, standardizing procedures across deliverables, and other related tasks. They will work with media analysts to manage schedules, provide feedback, identify risks, improve processes, and resolve issues.
As necessary, this person will support team members to produce media analysis deliverables such as clips packages, breaking news alerts, brief summaries, and in-depth analysis reports. They will use various search platforms and media monitoring tools (Barbaricum will train candidate on these tools) to collect, organize, analyze, and assess media coverage. This includes examining traditional news (print and broadcast) and social media. This person will also analyze media analysis results to provide key takeaways and recommendations on how clients can improve communication planning and execution. The Junior Media Analysis Manager will work either at Barbaricum headquarters in Washington, D.C. or remotely, and must be flexible to work some evening and overnight hours remotely as required. The candidate should expect to work at least 30% overnight.
- BA/BS, preferably in a communications-related field.
- 5+ years of relevant communications experience.
- 3+ years of experience in media monitoring and analysis, including working with media monitoring and analysis software tools.
- 2+ years managing projects and other team members.
- Strong familiarity with government contracts.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Superb editor with ability to identify and quickly resolve any product deficiencies.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple employees across several teams.
- Excellent open-source research skills to search hundreds of media outlets, social media, other sources to identify those news items most important to the client.
- Ability to conduct research, gather data, assess information, interpret results, and write reports analyzing media coverage.
- Strong writing and editing skills to produce concise summaries and analyses of news topics with minimal formatting or grammar errors.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Reliable and able to work under tight deadlines for product submission.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to rapidly collect, collate, and effectively present research and analysis results to senior government leaders.
- Very proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).