Junior Writer and Administrator
Part-Time | Integrated Communications | Washington, DC
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking a Junior Writer to support a contract with the Department of Energy's Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy (EERE) Communications Support Services. The Junior Writer will work with a team of Speech Writers and Communications Strategists to develop robust communications plans and marketing campaigns.
- Maintain daily S4 Tracker and EERE Smartsheet alignment.
- Attend 3-4 weekly meetings with the Public Affairs and distribute due-outs to External Affairs team.
- Manage tracking and process documents in Teams (i.e. uploading new templates, PA guidance, POC lists to EERE External Comms Team).
- Complete weekly announcements report.
- Update Program Comms POC lists monthly/quarterly.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- Familiarity with EERE strongly preferred.