Contingent on Contract Award | Mission Support | Panama City, FL
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nation's most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking an experienced Logistics Specialist to provide support to a Navy customer based at Naval Surface Warfare Center – Panama City. The Logistics Specialist will work with a team of Electrical, Communications, Information Assurance and Aerospace Engineers, Logistic Specialists, Technical Writers, and Test Specialists to provide research, analysis, planning, engineering, assessments, development, and integration of software products (including firmware and embedded software components within hardware systems) that are compatible and interoperable with existing systems. This team will lead efforts contributing to the development and sustainment of small unmanned aerial systems to meet the margining needs of the warfighter as well as various intelligence organizations.
- Perform analysis of alternatives to recommend possible services, equipment, material, and potential sources for systems specific requirements.
- Perform market research to identify potential sources capable of satisfying the Government’s technical, operational, and performance parameters
- Develop and establish a maintenance system for tracking, inventorying, temporarily storing, and managing parts, spares, tools, supplies, and equipment required for integration, testing, upgrading, and repairing systems.
- Review the federal stock system for availability of contractor purchased project material and equipment.
- Conduct analyses, gather information, and develop recommendations concerning use and integration of National Stock Numbers (NSNs) and non-NSN hardware materials.
- Ship equipment, systems, subsystems, and components and comply with all Government regulations for shipments within the U.S. and abroad IAW Government established timelines, including having a documented process for exporting Communications Security (COMSEC) equipment IAW the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Prepare logistics support documentation and source data, such as logistics operational management/user documents, integrated logistics support plans, user logistics support summaries, post-production support plans, and logistics implementation plans.
- Implement logistics plans, databases, and support files to support the fielding of new complex information systems or major modifications.
- Apply logistics principles and methods to specialized logistics solutions.
- Perform logistics database management functions.
- Perform logistics inventories and related logistics functions.
- Work independently and leads the implementation of logistics discipline.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree