Media Analysis Portfolio Manager
Full-Time | Cyber / Intelligence | Remote
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nation's most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking a Media Analysis Manager to manage Barbaricum’s 24/7 Media Monitoring and Analysis Operation, which includes several contract teams supporting a wide range of U.S. Government clients. This individual will manage multiple staff across several projects and customers, and will oversee project scope, schedule, quality, and resources. This person will be responsible for managing internal quality standards across Barbaricum’s Media Analysis teams by reviewing daily deliverables for issues such as missed stories and grammar errors, standardizing procedures across deliverables, and other related tasks. They will work with media analysts to manage schedules, provide feedback, identify risks, improve processes, and resolve issues.
As necessary, this person will support team members to produce media analysis deliverables such as clips packages, breaking news alerts, brief summaries, and in-depth analysis reports. They will use various search platforms and media monitoring tools (Barbaricum will train these tools as needed) to collect, organize, analyze, and assess media coverage. This includes examining traditional news (print and broadcast) and social media. This person will also analyze media analysis results to provide key takeaways and recommendations on how clients can improve communication planning and execution. This individual will work either at Barbaricum headquarters in Washington, D.C., or remotely.
- U.S. Citizenship
- BA/BS, preferably in a communications-related field
- 5+ years of relevant communications experience
- 3+ years of experience in media monitoring and analysis, including working with media monitoring and analysis software tools
- 2+ years managing projects and other team members across multiple locations
- Strong familiarity with government contracts
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Superb editor with ability to identify and quickly resolve any product deficiencies
- Ability to effectively manage multiple employees across several teams
- Excellent open-source research skills to search hundreds of media outlets, social media, other sources to identify those news items most important to the client
- Ability to conduct research, gather data, assess information, interpret results, and write reports analyzing media coverage
- Strong writing and editing skills to produce concise summaries and analyses of news topics with minimal formatting or grammar errors
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Reliable and able to work under tight deadlines for product submission
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to rapidly collect, collate, and effectively present research and analysis results to senior government leaders
- Very proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be willing to work overnight and weekend shifts intermittently (and rarely) if needed
- Schedule flexibility to accommodate team meetings, facilitate after-hours guidance to contract teams
- Experience supporting Business Development functions including responding to Government RFIs and RFPs
- Demonstrated experience growing existing programs, to include developing white papers
- Specific experience providing media analysis support and familiarity with the tools that facilitate collection and analysis