Motion Graphics Designer – Department of Defense
Contingent on Contract Award | Cyber / Intelligence | Washington, DC
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking an experienced Motion Graphics Designer to provide support to the DoD's Joint Artificial Intelligence Center (JAIC), which is focused on the direction, synchronization and modernization of Artificial Intelligence across the DoD enterprise. This individual will provide subject matter expertise to support to the following: Development of strategies to reduce technology and non-technology barriers to AI adoption; Ensuring relevant missions are operating consistently to identify and exploit modernization opportunities; Coordination of information flow across the Directorate and with other relevant Directorates; Management of taskers and monitoring of performance measures; Elucidation of use cases for AI; and delivering sustainable, useful, and reliable AI products.
- Responsible for design and production of regional corporate marketing materials; brand strategy; graphics support for all relevant missions
- Collaborate with mission teams and the communications team to design custom graphics, videos, and three-dimensional animation for digital platforms
- Tell the story; Make deliberate design decisions and translate any given user experience into a smooth and intuitive interaction
- Create, improve, and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods
- Present and be able to defend design decisions, which are based on design thinking and fundamental principles of design, including color schemes, visual weight, etc.
- Work closely with the UX lead and developers to ensure that designs meet the UX specifications and are implementable by the development team
- Collect and understand requirements; design, explain, and negotiate feedback
- Conduct ongoing research to identify new design trends and UX strategies
- Active DoD Secret clearance required
- Bachelors Degree
- 4-8 years of relevant work experience
- Must have experience working in agile teams with a UX lead, developers, testers, and project managers
- Experience with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects) Sketch, Cinema 4D, InVision, etc.
- Basic understanding of front-end languages