Multimedia / Graphic Design Support
Contingent on Contract Award | Integrated Communications | Arlington, VA
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking a Communications Development & Support Specialist to support the United States Army Office of the Chief of Chaplains (OCCH). The United States Army Chaplain Corps builds Army spiritual readiness to deploy, fight, and win our Nation's wars, by providing reliable and relevant world-class religious support, as a unique element of the Army that is fully engaged across the full spectrum of conflict.
Chaplain Corps strategic communications support the Chaplain Corps' work to care for the soul of the Army, by ensuring the constitutionally-mandated free exercise of religion, by delivering spiritual and religious care directly to Soldiers, their Families, and Army Civilians, and by providing moral leadership. This role will work with the Communications Planning & Support Lead, a Communications Development & Support Specialist, and a Multimedia/Graphics Design Support Specialist to deliver visually compelling products and services.
- Design, create and produce various visual products to support Army Chaplain Corps strategic messaging such as brochures, pamphlets, posters, infographics, PowerPoint templates, presentation decks, display banners, illustrations, and social/digital media designs;
- Determine media style and leverage emerging technologies; and
- Utilize technical knowledge and strong creative skills to combine various visual media to create information presentation.
- A bachelor’s degree in graphic design, or related field
- 5+ years of creative experience as a Graphic or Visual Designer
- Strong knowledge of visual design, user-centered experience design, interaction design, brand development, and the creative process
- Demonstrated fluency with design tools including the full suite of Adobe Creative Cloud
- Strong project management skills with ability to take project from concept to completion
- Must be to obtain and maintain a National Agency Check (NAC)