Contingent on Contract Award | Mission Support | Kuwait
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named one of the best places to work by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum is seeking an experienced Network Engineer to support the mission of the Product Manager Power Projection Enablers (PdM P2E). The Chief Information Officer of the Army has charged PdM P2E with procuring and installing leading-edge technologies including Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I) systems; computer and communication networks; network convergence; cloud computing; cyber security compliance; visual displays; product tools; product architecture; modeling; electro-optics; transport; radio frequency devices; control systems; and instrumentation equipment. Support and services performed under this contract include administration, operations, logistics, engineering, knowledge management, information technology, and program management support to PdM P2E.
- Plan, construct and manage networks to ensure they’re optimized and functioning as intended.
- Assist with preparing the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) as a Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Assist with preparing or managing the project schedule as a SME for assigned projects.
- Assist with management of a Network Capability Set contract that will modernize the Theater Black Core Network, multiple Technical Control Facilities, implement Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC), Firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Intrusion Protection Systems (IPS), Enterprise-level Data Storage Solutions, etc.
- Assist with preparing Acquisition Requirements Packages as a SME.
- Review System Design Plans, Preliminary Design Reviews, Critical Design Reviews, Final Design Reviews and Engineering Implementation Plans presented by integrators. Makes comments on behalf of the USG for consideration by the IPT Leader.
- Assist with monitoring of integrator work performance and reports findings to a USG QA/QC representative or the USG IPT Leader.
- Review Engineering Change Requests for accuracy and feasibility; make recommendations to the USG IPT Leader.
- Develop comprehensive IGCE date.
- Research materials and build comprehensive LOMs with pricing source date.
- Lead change and configuration management of assigned projects.
- Collaborate/discuss and document technical requirements, technical risks/issues/opportunities with other team members and external stakeholder (i.e. ISEC, implementation contractor, DISA, NETCOM, ARCENT, CENTCOM).
- Provide subject matter expertise in the assigned engineering discipline, attend meetings as required by project lead and address Requests for Information (RFIs) concerning technical requirements and the technical implementation of projects.
- Assist with technical support, to include providing assistance for life cycle cost analysis, work breakdown structure, plans and programs, or any other PMLC IPT deliverable; prepare written inputs/comments for any technical review or discussion.
- Analyze project documentation (i.e. plans, diagrams/drawings, schedules, matrices, registers, charters, concurrence memorandums, support agreements, and strategies) to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with applicable industry, military and theater standards.
- Conduct site surveys, evaluate technical aspect of all phases of the project work and document observations, recommendations and deficiencies.
- Determine the appropriate configurations of multiple hardware or software components of information systems or telecommunications networks to deliver stated levels of performance, interoperability, and maintenance support within the known constraints of the PM’s or agency’s IT infrastructure.
- Make recommendations on the use of Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) technology; apply a structured methodology to assist in evaluating and selecting COTS hardware, software, and services to meet the Project Managers’ specific requirements; and adjust the methodology, when warranted, including prototypes and pilots to address risk.
- Analyze periodic reports and briefings for accuracy, relevance and completeness i.e. daily, weekly and monthly project status reports.
- Review and comment on CDRLs submitted by IT contractors.
- Provide quality assurance checks to IT implementation project sites throughout the ARCENT AOR, ensure that the contractor is meeting contractual requirements and adhering to local policies.
- Assist logistician with identifying and inventorying project and office equipment.
- Assist in developing strategic plans with Information Technology (IT) enterprise goals and objectives that are focused and aligned to agency/Command/PM mission goals and objectives and with clearly defined near-term, mid-term, and long-term initiatives.
- Active DoD Secret clearance required
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer-aided drawing software, e.g. AUTOCAD