Senior Network Engineer
Contingent on Contract Award | Mission Support | Fort Belvoir, VA
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking a qualified Network Engineer to support the mission of the Product Manager Power Projection Enablers (PdM P2E), supporting the Army's Program Executive Office for Enterprise Information Systems (PEO-EIS) . The Chief Information Officer of the Army has charged PdM P2E with procuring and installing leading-edge technologies including Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I) systems; computer and communication networks; network convergence; cloud computing; cyber security compliance; visual displays; product tools; product architecture; modeling; electro-optics; transport; radio frequency devices; control systems; and instrumentation equipment. Support and services performed under this contract include administration, operations, logistics, engineering, knowledge management, information technology, and program management support to PdM P2E.
- Plan, design, and evaluate new and existing network systems and services, including local area networks, wide area networks, intranets, and the Internet, providing analytical, technical, and administrative support
- Research and recommend network and data communications hardware and software
- Provide documentation and project management support as well as technical expertise in matters of transport, installation and implementation for delivery of global network infrastructure
- Plan, oversee, develop, and implement network policies and procedures and ensure network integrity as maintenance and modification projects to existing applications are undertaken
- Perform as a subject matter expert (SME) for network/transport systems, executing site surveys and assisting with planning and implementation of site preparation activities worldwide
- Attend meetings, working groups, design reviews, and technology discussions which will need to be analyzed, filtered, and captured within architecture development initiatives
- Develop, coordinate, and deliver briefings, white papers, working papers, and technical analyses representing the position of P2E mission requirements
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or science-related field; preferably a Master’s degree in an IT-related field
- 8 years of related experience in design and computer network architecture and data communication networks, such as local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), intranets, extranets, and other data communications networks experience
- Cisco certification (CCNP Security or CCIE), or equivalent
- Experience with requirements analysis, project planning, resource management, risk management, customer relationship management and strategic planning, quality assurance, enterprise-level systems deployment, software security architectures and best practices, and federal Government security policies
- 5 years of experience performing technical oversight and analysis of contractor approaches, designs, best practices and documentation of long-haul transport systems