Network Engineer – US Navy
Full-Time | Mission Support | Quantico, VA
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nation's most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking a Network Engineer to support the Naval Surface Warfare Center - Crane Division and its Quantico-based Marine Corps customer. This program facilitates existing and future capabilities and initiatives across Cybersecurity, Artificial Intelligence, Cloud, and Command, Control, and Communications (C3) modernization goals aligned to NSWC-Crane’s Information Technology goals supporting Capabilities-Based Maintenance (CBM) systems and technologies.
This is a hybrid role that requires that employees live within a reasonable commutable distance of Marine Corps Base Quantico.
- Oversee, evaluate, and support the documentation, validation, and accreditation processes necessary to ensure new and existing information technology (IT) systems meet the organization’s information assurance (IA) and security requirements.
- Ensure appropriate treatment of risk, compliance, and monitoring assurance from internal and external perspectives.
- Active DoD Secret clearance required
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited University or CNSSI 4012 or 4013 or 4014 or 4015 or 4016 Certificate or NDU CIO certificate or successful completion of military training course: NEC 2779 (CIN: A-531-0009) (or DoD Service equivalent) required
- Possess ONE of the following active certifications: CompTIA Security+ CE, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, CND, SSCP, CSSLP, CISSP, ECSP or SECURE C++
- Five years of professional experience in network security of an enterprise network.
- Possess working knowledge and experience with firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, Host Based Security Systems, and proxy.