Palantir Systems Engineer / Technical Writer
Full-Time | Cyber / Intelligence | Washington, DC
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking an experienced Field Service Representative (FSR) Systems Engineer/Technical Writer to provide support to a DoD customer. The FSR Systems Engineer/Technical Writer produces all required engineering and technical documentation for new or existing customer engagements. Products range from requests-for-information from potential customers, to contractual deliverables and engineering design artifacts for existing customers that document our technology and project activities. This individual will work alongside Palantir engineers to translate highly technical and complex concepts into clear, concise, and powerful systems engineering artifacts.
The position requires a deep knowledge of Palantir products and their applications to a variety of use cases (e.g., law enforcement, intelligence, health, cyber security, finance, and regulatory oversight), extensive experience in the systems design and engineering process, and demonstrated experience in generating engineering design artifacts in accordance with customer frameworks.
- Communicate the core concepts of our business strategy, mission, impact, and products to multiple audiences, including contracting officers, proposal evaluators, senior leadership, policy makers, and the public.
- Write responses, solo or collaboratively, to document and describe our technical solution for potential customers.
- Support complex government engineering reviews involving multiple teams across different Palantir offices.
- Help develop Palantir deployments by constantly anticipating and exceeding employee and customer needs.
- Be a primary liaison for clients, including learning and adhering to customer processes and protocols.
- Active DoD TS/SCI security clearance (adjudicated within the last 5 years)
- Experience generating of DoD DODAF artifacts
- Experience using project management tools
- High level of skill with MS Excel
- Exceptional engineering, design, writing and editing ability
- Ability to quickly learn technical concepts and thrive in a highly technical environment
- Ability to complete tasks with a high attention to detail
- Excellent customer service: relationship development skills and instant professionalism
- Proven record of accurate and consistent record keeping
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Unbending commitment to operational security and ethics