R&D Portfolio Manager – Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
Contingent on Contract Award | Mission Support | Washington, DC
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nation's most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum seeks a capable Program Analyst to provide support to a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) customer. This individual will be part of a larger team of analysts supporting research, development, test, and evaluation (RDT&E) activities supported by the recently passed Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act - specifically those funds that have been provided to DHS's Science and Technology (S&T) portfolio.
This program develops technology and knowledge products for S&T end-users including the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), and Critical Infrastructure (CI) owners and operators. Areas of support for this program will include special event risk assessments rating (SEAR), electromagnetic pulse and geomagnetic disturbance, positioning, navigation, and timing, public safety and violence prevention to evaluate soft-target security, and research supporting security testing capability related to telecommunications equipment, industrial control systems, and open-source software.
- Assist with the development and administration of RDT&E contracts, to include tasks such as: development of solicitation material, administration of source selection reviews, and assessing technical solutions.
- Monitor project performance and review deliverables to ensure technical, programmatic, and financial goals and objectives are met and identify possible program risks.
- Maintain and monitor program budgets to include gathering and reviewing monthly reporting information from project/program performers and developing budget execution plans.
- Organize, direct, and coordinate planning and production of all activities associated with assigned task order projects.
- Provide support to Portfolio and Program Managers in their continued engagement with DHS S&T customers on the receipt, prioritization, and regular reporting of their operational capability gaps.
- Provide data collection and analyses of user requirements and of existing and emerging systems, capabilities, and technologies.
- Perform routine tasks including, but not limited to, scheduling, writing internal memos, maintaining and updating Program Management records, filing, intranet website maintenance, preparing and reviewing presentations, records maintenance, and coordinate daily operations of the assigned program.
- Assist with planning technology transitions to the respective operational customer.
- Attend meetings, workshops, conferences, and program reviews at the direction of the program or project manager to provide programmatic and technical review, record meeting minutes, and contribute to the program management dialogue with performers.
- Provide assistance in managing and responding to program-aligned S&T Executive Secretary data calls, compile information, and prepare information for reporting to senior leadership.
- Support the identification, assessment, evaluation, and testing of existing and emerging technologies, systems, and capabilities, including: coordination with related government, academic, and industry programs; attending meetings and symposia; coordinating meetings and programs reviews; and supporting program advocacy including development and production of presentation materials.
- Either a Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of experience or a Master’s degree and 5 years of experience.
- Active Secret clearance
- Applicants selected must be eligible to receive DHS Suitability.
- Demonstrated proficiency providing program management and analytical support to programs and projects serving DHS Mission Areas such as Physical and Cyber Security, Border & Immigration Enforcement, and Infrastructure Protection.
- Experience monitoring project development performance and reviewing deliverables to ensure technical, programmatic and financial goals and objectives are met and identify possible program risks.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and presentation skills. Proven results-oriented problem solving abilities.
- Experience with presentation graphics and/or spreadsheet tools.
- Experience providing guidance, feedback, and consulting services to federal program managers.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team-oriented environment, demonstrate teamwork and initiative, and function productively in the face of new assignments and the re-prioritization of existing assignments.
- Experience providing program and/or project management support in on research and development contracts.
- Experience facilitating resolution of customer requirements, including helping to identify and document capability gaps, formulate and develop technological solutions, and participate in and contribute to strategic discussions.
- Experience preparing and reviewing presentations, reports, project schedules and weekly status inputs.
- Experience supporting the development and production of architectures, organizational charts, and operations plans and procedures, to include program Standard Operating Procedures.
- Experience supporting DHS components and agencies either operationally or through project management.
- DHS Suitability preferred.