Program Manager/Technical Lead
Contingent on Contract Award | Cyber / Intelligence | Washington, DC
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking an experienced Program Manager to support the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
The Program Manager will lead and facilitate the overarching architecture, concept implementation, and skill sets needed to successfully deliver on this mission’s vision.
- Supervises, manages, and reviews work outputs of a team of editors.
- Provides relevant technical area lead and program management support.
- Leads team on projects of various layers of complexity; creates solutions involving or affecting financial, scheduling, methodology, tools; prepares long and short-range plans for application selection, systems development, processes, procedures, and production methods.
- Creates, manages, and monitors associated support services necessary for programs and projects.
- Works with government staff to establish and implement program goals and provide key performance metrics to establish a strategic baseline.
- Creates and maintains a detailed work plan to include specific tasks, assignments, task dependencies, milestones, and schedule for all tasks.
- Builds and maintains qualified, full-time staff and a pipeline of surge staff according to customer and mission priorities.
- Maintains awareness of emerging capabilities and technologies in area of expertise.
- Acts as a bridge for the complex gap between the non-technical functions of management and the technical requirements of work area mission and its personnel.
- Plan, execute, and close projects that meet or exceed customer objectives.
- Create clear and attainable project objectives, build project requirements, and manage constraints of cost, time, scope, and quality.
- Develop the overall project plan and manage project operations.
- Manage the project stakeholders, project team, project risk, project schedule, project budget, and project conflicts.
- Ensure team members know and execute their respective roles and the roles of the other team members.
- Ensure production schedules are met and system resources are used effectively.
- Coordinate resolution of production-related problems.
- Ensures proper relationships are established between customers, teaming partners, and vendors to facilitate the delivery of information technology services.
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- At least 8 years of program management experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience (and/or skills) in production and dissemination of finished intelligence products and/or intelligence and information sharing policy documents
- Experience with Intelligence Community (IC) organizations, operations, and policies as well as national security classification procedures
- Experience in proofing, editing, and disseminating intelligence finished products using IC production systems
- Must possess proven abilities to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines including the ability to respond quickly to changes in work priorities
- Experience reviewing finished intelligence and working cordially with analysts and managers
- Ability to think critically and analytically, as well as broadly and strategically
- Must possess documented experience working with Microsoft Office suite and Adobe publishing software (i.e., InDesign)
- PMP Certification
- Prior experience supporting DHS