Project Scheduler/Planner – US Army
Contingent on Contract Award | Mission Support | Fort Belvoir, VA
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named one of the best places to work by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum is seeking an experienced Project Scheduler/Planner to support the mission of the Product Manager Power Projection Enablers (PdM P2E). The Chief Information Officer of the Army has charged PdM P2E with procuring and installing leading-edge technologies including Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I) systems; computer and communication networks; network convergence; cloud computing; cyber security compliance; visual displays; product tools; product architecture; modeling; electro-optics; transport; radio frequency devices; control systems; and instrumentation equipment. Support and services performed under this contract include administration, operations, logistics, engineering, knowledge management, information technology, and program management support to PdM P2E.
- Develop and maintain a P2Elevel portfolio, as well as an individual project-level, Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) for use on a day-to-day basis to monitor project execution and periodically assess overarching progress in meeting project cost, schedule, and performance goals and objectives.
- Analyze the IMS to estimate and verify attainability of project objectives; to evaluate progress toward meeting implementation requirements; and to integrate within the project schedule all Work Breakdown Structures, critical milestones, events, related dependencies and associated activities.
- Assist in developing and proposing solutions for mitigating schedule-related risks and integrate mitigations steps into the IMS
- Develop reports and displays as requested and/or in conjunction with project reviews
- Perform and/or assist in critical path analysis and other ad-hoc forms of schedule-related analysis.
- Oversee the incorporation of technical, logistical, contractual, and programmatic changes into the IMS on a real-time basis to maintain accurate and current project baselines and projections, and to establish realistic and attainable project execution goals and objectives.
- Leverage a working knowledge of system acquisitions, specifically in Army and DoD environments covering the DoD 5000 series policies.
- Assist Integrated Product Team Lead with planning and scheduling tasks, planning and integrating schedules, and recording project schedules and bi-monthly updates to Microsoft Project and posting to Project Server using SharePoint.
- Provide program scheduling support expertise to monitor, update, and control program activities
- Collaborate and interface with System Contractors and all external stakeholders to review and provide comments to their respective schedules.
- Participate and/or facilitate weekly schedule working group meetings.
- Establish and monitor program activities for milestones, key events, and significant accomplishment criteria
- Develop and manage schedules that effectively communicate to all levels of the project team and stakeholders.
- Provide assessment and analysis of the IMS
- Provide management briefing pertaining to the program IMS as needed.
- Active DoD Secret clearance required
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Demonstrated experience using MS Project and MS SharePoint