Python Data Engineer
Full-Time | Cyber / Intelligence | Springfield, VA
Barbaricum is a Washington, DC based small business that works with Special Operations stakeholders to solve unique problems using leading software and hardware tools. You will know exactly where your code is going and achieve real-world outcomes using an open-source technology stack.
We are focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture reflective of the challenging and rewarding nature of the customers and mission sets that we support. Barbaricum was recently named one of the best places to work by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum is seeking an experienced Data Engineer to support an established development team embedded with a customer at the nexus of the Special Operations and Intelligence Communities. This team has developed a hyper-responsive capability to respond to challenging and evolving requirements to counter unconventional cyber and kinetic threats with the ability to receive, store, process, and make sense of large-scale mission data at the speed of offensive and defensive operations. This capability enhances critical national security assets’ ability to quickly respond to Warfighter’s counter proliferation requirements with technology solutions and services incorporating innovative approaches and the fusion of various data sources and types.
- Collaborate with a team of software and data engineers to solve technical challenges by proactively identifying novel approaches and implementing solutions that leverage customer knowledge, project-based needs and an understanding of the mission
- Process, analyze and search petabytes of data, developing analytics tools to better understand and operationalize data pertinent to intelligence challenges
- Write algorithms with trillions of records using geo-temporal analytics to discover patterns
- Provide direct support to a Tier-One SOF customer focused on achieving real-world outcomes every day which has the power to remove roadblocks to effectively coding in a classified environment
- Active DoD TS/SCI Clearance (CI Polygraph preferred)
- 4+ years of experience in computer science and/or software development field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Advanced coding skills in Python, with demonstrated ability to develop custom code solutions on-the-fly (this will be part of the interview process)
- Experience coding on Linux command line
- Experience planning and managing new application development architecture and engineering
Experience That Will Set You Up For Success
- Current or previous mission-focused work experience supporting Special Operations and/or Intelligence Community customers
- Experience with geospatial data and the development of geospatial-based analytical models
- Experience with CSV, JSONL ingest to Delta Lake
- Experience with PySpark ingest, transforms, and aggregations
- Experience with Elasticsearch queries and aggregations
- Experience with NiFi for data transfers
- Experience with DevOps (especially gitlab and ansible)
- Experience with Neo4j or graph products