Senior Army Acquisition Subject Matter Expert
Contingent on Contract Award | Mission Support | Fort Belvoir, VA
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named one of the best places to work by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum is seeking an experienced Acquisition SME to support the mission of the Product Manager Power Projection Enablers (PdM P2E). The Chief Information Officer of the Army has charged PdM P2E with procuring and installing leading-edge technologies including Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I) systems; computer and communication networks; network convergence; cloud computing; cyber security compliance; visual displays; product tools; product architecture; modeling; electro-optics; transport; radio frequency devices; control systems; and instrumentation equipment. Support and services performed under this contract include administration, operations, logistics, engineering, knowledge management, information technology, and program management support to PdM P2E.
- Support the Government in the review of vendor/contractors documentation, develops recommended positions, and accomplishes program level activities.
- Typical technologies employed include: computer and communication networks; inside and outside plant (ISP/OSP) infrastructure; software models and simulations; Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), Cyber Security Appliances and Software; embedded electronics, and image generators and visual displays; A/V Command Information Systems.
- Assist P2E in cost estimating and/or budget activities inclusive of all life cycle phases. Assistance and support is performed In Accordance With (IAW) applicable DoD directives, Army Regulations, P2E policies and P2E procedures.
- Support the development of acquisition requirement packages and performs contracting support functions in compliance with the FAR, DFARS, and as supplemented by the Army Federal Acquisition Regulations (AFARS), Army procedures, and Product Manager (PdM) P2E organizational policies/procedures.
- Draft contracting memos including but not limited to Justification for Exception to Fair Opportunity (JEFO), Determination and Findings, Brand Name Justifications, Limited Source Justifications, Requests for Information (RFIs), Independent Government Cost Estimate (IGCEs), Market Research, Letters of Concern, Acquisition Strategy, and Course of Action Briefs, etc.
- Coordinate and lead teleconferences with IPT leads, KOs, and leadership as needed.
- Generate and update spreadsheets per contract illustrating contract history, status of funding on contract, and invoice status.
- Update global spreadsheets on the entire portfolio of contracts.
- Maintain pre-award WBS for the PM.
- Generate briefing slides on contracting activity on a weekly basis.
- Be available for OCONUS travel to support acquisition requirement development when needed.
- Active DoD Secret clearance required
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's preferred
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Defense Acquisition University (DAU) Level II certification or higher in Contracting preferred