Senior AI/ML Engineer – Joint Artificial Intelligence Center (JAIC)
Full-Time | Cyber / Intelligence | Falls Church, VA
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking a Senior Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning Engineer to provide support to the DoD's Joint Artificial Intelligence Center (JAIC), which is focused on the direction, synchronization and modernization of Artificial Intelligence across the DoD enterprise. This individual will provide subject matter expertise to support to the following: Development of strategies to reduce technology and non-technology barriers to AI adoption; Ensuring relevant missions are operating consistently to identify and exploit modernization opportunities; Coordination of information flow across the Directorate and with other relevant Directorates; Management of taskers and monitoring of performance measures; Elucidation of use cases for AI; and delivering sustainable, useful, and reliable AI products.
- Use machine learning and analytical techniques to create scalable solutions for business problems
- Drive real-time model implementations and new feature creations as part of JAIC team
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation, and model implementation
- Collaborate with data engineers, data scientists, and infrastructure engineers to develop and deploy and model pipelines, applying ML and data science techniques in design distributed and large-scale processing systems
- Coordinate science and technology research and development (R&D) outreach, and engagement efforts to help advance sensitive ML capability development efforts via technical leadership of external ML contracts
- Writing production-level, re-usable, easy-to-interpret code in R, Python (required), Java, C++, or other languages, while engaging in collaborative code reviews and providing technical feedback to improve existing ML model performance
- Active DoD TS/SCI Clearance
- Master's Degree or PhD in data science, machine learning, statistics, computer science, applied math or related highly quantitative field
- At least 8 years of research experience in machine learning, speed multimodal sensing or related areas
- Experience with natural processing language (NLP) model or deep learning (DL) model building
- Experience with two or more coding languages, including Python
- Extensive knowledge of machine learning model evaluation metrics and best practices