Senior Intelligence Analysis Instructor
Full-Time | Cyber / Intelligence | Charlottesville, VA
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nation's most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum seeks an experienced Intelligence Analyst / Intelligence Instructor to provide services to a worldwide Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) from the National Ground Intelligence Center (NGIC) in Charlottesville, VA.
The Advanced Analytic Tradecraft Instructor vacancy at the National Ground Intelligence Center in Charlottesville, VA is a 100% in-person position with no anticipated travel. Instructors spend a majority of the course facilitating for student groups who are working on analytic problem sets and as a result the instructors must have an expert level grasp of the advance analytic tradecraft concepts. Ideal candidates will need to have extensive experience with strategic level finished intelligence, excellent writing skills and a strong understanding of analytic tradecraft methodologies.
A Master’s degree or higher, formal analytic tradecraft training experience (Kent School or DIA’s equivalent), and experience as an instructor are highly desirable.
- Develop and deliver entry, advanced, and specialty analysis training to intelligence professionals.
- Deliver materials (e.g., briefings, emails, and messages for customer audience) to communicate objectives and guidance for analytic modernization initiatives.
- Develop, refine and elicit measurable student feedback from analytic tradecraft training.
- Evaluate student all-source analytic production against all analytic tradecraft standards identified in Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 203 and customer tradecraft standards.
- Assisti the customer with preparing, editing, and disseminating periodic internal and external reports and special projects related to analytic tradecraft, as well as routine correspondence and record-keeping relating to course administration and course evaluations.
- Develop briefing materials, and brief senior personnel as needed.
- Active DoD TS/SCI Clearance required
- 10+ years demonstrated intelligence experience with a BA/BS OR 8+ years demonstrated intelligence experience with an MA/MS
- Extensive experience as an instructor with strong student engagement skills
- Formal training in analytic methodologies and tradecraft – excellent command of ICD203 standards and their applicability
- Demonstrated experience supporting Intelligence Community customers with all-source intelligence analysis and production with an emphasis on accuracy, sourcing argumentation, and alternative analysis
- Experience with instructional design and distributed learning methodologies
- Experience rigorously reviewing complex all-source intelligence analysis products and providing detailed constructive feedback to analysts at all levels
- Demonstrated excellent writing and presentation skills
- Experience with structured analytic techniques, Training delivery experience with strong student engagement skills
- Knowledge of, and experience with, distributed learning methodologies and technologies
- Experience with Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop or other video/graphics editing software