Senior Assessment & Authorization Validator
Contingent on Contract Award | Mission Support | Crane, Indiana
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nation's most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking a Sr. Assessment & Authorization Validator to support the Naval Surface Warfare Crane Division with enterprise-wide Information Technology support services. This program facilitates existing and future capabilities and initiatives across Cybersecurity, Artificial Intelligence, Cloud, and Command, Control, and Communications (C3) modernization goals aligned to NSWC’s core charges of Electronic Warfare, Expeditionary Warfare, and Strategic Missions supporting a customer base that includes the Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force and US Special Operations Command.
- Must have extensive knowledge and experience with RDT&E and Business IT systems and the phases of Certification and Accreditation (C&A) process.
- Experience in an IA or C&A related field is preferred.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of all C&A subject areas with in-depth familiarity and understanding of Navy IT sites, systems and infrastructure; applies Navy C&A guidance to Navy C&A efforts.
- Experience working with Navy C&A efforts as a Navy Validator.
- Must have strong writing skills to develop and maintain System Security Plans (SSP), Contingency Plans, Privacy Impact Assessments, Certification Reports, Accreditation Reports, Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M), and other C&A documentation.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills to work closely with all levels of personnel involved in IT operations and technical aspects of systems.
- Active DoD Secret clearance required
- Bachelor's degree in computer science
- Must hold Department of Navy (DoN) Qualified Validator Level II Certificate of Appointment
- Possess ONE of the following active certifications: CompTIA Security+ CE, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, CND, SSCP, CSSLP, CISSP, ECSP or SECURE C++
- 1-3 years of professional experience in establishing, implementing, and tracking project plans.