Senior Budget Analyst – US Army
Contingent on Contract Award | Mission Support | Kuwait
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named one of the best places to work by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum is seeking a Senior Budget Analyst to support the mission of the Product Manager Power Projection Enablers (PdM P2E), supporting the Army Program Executive Office for Enterprise Information Systems (PEO-EIS). The Chief Information Officer of the Army has charged PdM P2E with procuring and installing leading-edge technologies including Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I) systems; computer and communication networks; network convergence; cloud computing; cyber security compliance; visual displays; product tools; product architecture; modeling; electro-optics; transport; radio frequency devices; control systems; and instrumentation equipment. Support and services performed under this contract include administration, operations, logistics, engineering, knowledge management, information technology, and program management support to PdM P2E.
- Review and research financial systems, contracts and other documents for unliquidated obligation balances.
- Load and maintain data in spreadsheets and financial accounting records regarding obligations for contracts, travel, training, awards, and labor. Involves records on Military Interdepartmental Purchase Requests (MIPRs), and PCSs.
- Prepare management level reports and presentations on funding and budgets.
- Provide assistance with coordination activities to complete and respond to external funding source office’s requests for financial and funding data, to include assisting in estimating cost of required activities.
- Provide assistance with annual Planning, Programming, Budget, and Execution (PPBE) of funds.
- Complete transactions in the GFEBS and LMP systems as directed to record obligations and de-obligations.
- Provide assistance with developing data and reports to support Staff Assistance Visits, Schedule of Budgetary Activity (SBA) audits and Management Internal Controls Program checklist completion.
- Track and provide weekly reports on obligations against OSD goals monthly and financial findings.
- Provide assistance with Year-end close-out.
- Establish and maintain a configuration management process that assures complete traceability of all requirements, specifications production plans, changes, and related materials.
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Bachelor’s degree or preferably a Master’s degree in accounting or related field
- 8-10 years of related experience
- Experience performing a variety of budgetary functions, including monitoring and tracking obligations and planned expenditures for assigned activity accounts on related government budgetary systems, forms, schedules, and reports in accordance with the annual work plan and regulatory controls
- Proficiency in GFEBS, LMP, and DTS
- Proficiency in CCARS preferred