Senior Cyber/Information System Security Engineer
Contingent on Contract Award | Mission Support | San Diego, CA
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking a Senior Cyber/Information System Security Engineer to support the Command and Control (C2) Systems Division (Code 532) within Naval Information Warfare Center Pacific (NIWC Pacific). NIWC Pacific provides systems engineering, software development, maintenance, integration, test, and life-cycle support for a wide range of Navy, Joint, and National C4I systems. This contract will support the transition of software products from a Capability-Based-In Service Engineering Activity model to a Development, Security, and Operations (DevSecOps) model of service.
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field preferred
- CompTIA Security+ certification
- 6+ years of practical experience in a Cybersecurity, Engineering, T&E or A&A (formerly C&A) related field
- Experience leading the transition of software products from a Capability-Based-In Service Engineering Activity model to a Development, Security, and Operations (DevSecOps) model of service
- Experience working with Information Assurance tools such as DISA Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS), Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)
- Knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process and/or prior experience with the Defense Information Assurance & Certification Accreditation Process (DIACAP)
- Familiarity with security policies & guidance documents to assist with the preparation and maintenance of process artifacts, traceability documents purposed for compliance with Authority to Operate (ATO) requirements
- Assist with and oversee the development of system security policy and ensure compliance of change management and configuration control processes
- Plan and coordinate the IT security program and policies supporting the command leadership mission and goals