Senior Data Scientist – Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
Contingent on Contract Award | Cyber / Intelligence | Huntsville, AL
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum seeks a senior-level Data Scientist to support a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) customer with law-enforcement investigations by developing novel and more efficient ways to discover leads, enhance case support, and prepare cases for prosecution. Specifically, the Data Scientist will support the principal investigatory arm of DHS—Homeland Security Investigations (HSI)—with its Counterproliferation mission in tandem with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
The Senior Data Scientist will lead the development of methodologies and tools required to enhance HSI's Counterproliferation Unit’s goal of developing more and better-quality leads and choose the best approach for data projects. This will include developing algorithms and assessing/selecting methodologies such as linear regression, machine-learning, forecasting etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited University in quantitative discipline such as computer science, data science, statistics, or mathematics
- Five years of experience in extract, transform and load (ETL) processes on data from open web, dark web, and websites hosted outside of the United States
- Five years of experience in designing, developing, and deploying advanced analytics in support of knowledge discovery/link analysis for law enforcement purposes
- Five years of experience in data ingestion, data science, integration, and fusion in response to new and expanding requirements
- Five years of experience collecting, storing, indexing, and visualizing data extracted from files on the open web, as well as those hidden beyond the surface of the open web (such as the dark web).
- Five years of experience converting large amounts of raw data into timely and actionable intelligence including performing knowledge discovery and link analysis
- Public Trust clearance